I am a Software Engineer living in Lilongwe, Malawi.
I enjoy writing software and contributing to Open-Source. I consider myself a Full-Stack Engineer but mostly enjoy building backend services and developer-tools. I mostly build stuff using Java, Go, Python or PHP. I love PostgresYou can find me or my work online in these places:
Most of my projects are open-source on GitHub. Here are a few selected projects:
- zerocell - a Java library for reading Excel files. Created to reduce memory usage when processing large Excel files at Credit Data CRB and open sourced it for others to benefit.
- groupby - Groups files and folders by the date they were created/modified. Written in Go
- git-down - a CLI tool to download files from Git repositories. Written in Rust
- PG Reloaded - A tool to help administrators restore PostgreSQL databases periodically
- zefaker - Generates test data as Excel, CSV, SQL and JSON files. Built with Groovy + Gradle
When I'm not creating or maintaining software, you may find me spending time with my family or friends, riding my mountain bike, reading Sci-Fi, technical papers or whatever I find on the internet, watching comedy and extreme sports videos. I will most likely get into Carpentry or Tennis at some point.